My client is an independent provider of residential child care for children up to the age of 18, with emotional and behavioural problems based in the West Midlands and they have opportunities for a Senior Residential Support Worker to join their team based in the Kidderminster area.
The position of a Senior will be to oversee staff and work close with the Manager in providing a combination of support and domestic care, whilst being empathetic and understanding of the trauma those in care, may have suffered with which can manifest to very challenging behaviours.
This is a really great opportunity for the right person to make a lasting difference to the young people and my client is looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people.
- Due to Ofsted regulations, all employees need to be over 22 years of age
- Minimum of 12 months experience of working in childrens residential services
- NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or working towards
- Physically fit and able to carry out physical intervention when necessary
- Resilient and motivated person
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- An understanding of a therapeutic approach to caring for children and young people
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills
- Full UK driving license
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
- Any relevant or transferable skills, such as First Aid trainer
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please ensure you enter the correct e-mail address as this is used to identify you within our application process and will be used for correspondence.